2G Engineering is a small engineering design company located in Sun Prairie, WI. Primarily we design and manufacture systems for underwater use, embedded controllers, motor drives, power electronics, and our actuator product line. We also do work with national laboratories on projects related to electric vehicles and charging systems. If you are looking for a challenging position where you can design, test and experiment with new technologies on a daily basis, this is the job for you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following are the fundamental job duties and responsibilities. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive; other duties may be required and assigned.
- Firmware development, typically in C.
- Embedded system debugging.
- Operate CAD software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Confer with engineers, customers and others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects and products.
- Design, implement, maintain and improve experimental instruments, equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems to be used for commercial, industrial and in a laboratory setting.
- Work on engineering designs, preparing reports, specifications, calculations, equipment selection, and cost estimates for various projects
- Estimating one’s own required labor time.
- Assist with the preparation of technical memoranda, reports and electronic deliverables.
- Assures product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Data collection, manipulation, analysis, and documentation.
- B.S. degree or equivalent in electrical engineering or computer science, physics, or in a related field with applicable work experience.
- At least 2 years of experience and/or coursework in C programming, microprocessors and circuit design.
- Working knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Experience maintaining a product line: implementing design improvements while maintaining backwards compatibility.
- Software revision control.
- Experience working with embedded communications.
- Experience using Microsoft Office software tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Previous related work experience preferred, either in an internship or a full time position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Desired:
- Mathematics: Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics and their applications.
- Experience using LabView, Python and UNIX systems.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and schedule work activities effectively.
- Experience working with motor drive systems.
- Troubleshooting: Determining the causes of operating errors and developing the proper course of action.
- Ability to read and extract pertinent information from device datasheets, including a basic ability to read schematics.
- Complex problem solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Demonstrate initiative in executing directed tasks and make suggestions.
- Display professionalism and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a small, but fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to quickly move from one task to another.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work independently with little direction and ability to manage one's own time.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and positive working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, other departments.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
2G is obligated under the law to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities; and (ii) the rights of applicants and employees.
Submit an Application
Please fill out the form below to submit your application for the Embedded Systems Engineer position