2G Engineering is an engineering design company located in Sun Prairie, WI. We primarily design and manufacture systems for subsea use. These systems include: embedded controllers and their related support equipment, motor drives, sensors, AC and DC power supplies, and servo controllers which are used in our actuator product line.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following are the fundamental job duties and responsibilities. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive; other duties may be required and assigned.
- Firmware development, typically in C.
- Embedded system debugging.
- Experience with schematic capture software, PCB design experience also a plus.
- Confer with engineers, customers and others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects and products.
- Work on engineering designs, preparing reports, specifications, calculations, equipment selection, and cost estimates for various projects
- Estimating one’s own required labor time.
- Assist with the preparation of technical memoranda, reports and electronic deliverables.
- Assures product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Data collection, manipulation, analysis, and reporting.
- B.S. degree or equivalent in electrical engineering or computer science, physics, or in a related field with applicable work experience.
- At least 2 years of experience and/or coursework in C programming, microprocessors and circuit design.
- Working knowledge of printed circuit boards, microprocessors, IC’s, electronic lab equipment and general computer hardware and software.
- Experience maintaining a product line: implementing design improvements while maintaining backwards compatibility.
- Software revision control.
- Previous related work experience preferred, either in an internship or a full time position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Desired:
- Experience using Python and UNIX systems.
- Experience programming in C.
- An understanding of how an RTOS works and where to use it and where not to.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and schedule work activities effectively.
- Experience working with motor drive systems.
- Troubleshooting: Determining the causes of operating errors and developing the proper course of action.
- Ability to read and extract pertinent information from device datasheets, including the ability to read schematics.
- Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Demonstrate initiative in executing directed tasks and make suggestions.
- Display professionalism and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a small, but fast-paced work environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and positive working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, and other departments.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
2G is obligated under the law to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities; and (ii) the rights of applicants and employees.