2G Engineering is seeking a motivated, talented R&D Technician to work in our fast-paced, constantly-evolving team environment. If you are looking for an exciting position where you can inspect, assemble, and test high-tech actuators, this is the job for you.
This is a full-time position with benefits located at our Sun Prairie, WI office.
Assemble, test, trouble-shoot and maintain electro-mechanical products and production equipment. Analyze performance results and suggest design improvements or alternate assembly methods. Maintain mechanical equipment and machinery. Inspect and run diagnostic tests on electro-mechanical products and equipment. Perform component inspections and execute quality requirements in an AS9100 certified manufacturing environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following are the fundamental job duties and responsibilities. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive; other duties may be required and assigned.
- Assemble and test actuators
- Troubleshoot mechatronic assemblies and suggest improvements
- Make suggestions and demonstrate initiative in executing directed tasks
- Assist with the preparation of technical memoranda or reports
- Data collection, manipulation, analysis, and documentation
- Support inspection of mechanical components as needed
- Install and work on new equipment and machines
- Devise and fabricate tools, jigs, or novel test fixtures
- Maintain all tools and equipment in excellent working order
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Associates degree or higher in a technical field
- Experience doing assembly with hand tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Previous related work experience preferred
- Experience with software for word processing and spreadsheets
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Desired:
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
- Ability to plan and schedule work activities effectively
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Knowledge of mechanical design, fabrication, and assembly methods
- Experience with common machine tools, including drill press, grinder, lathe, or mill
- Knowledge of basic electrical concepts a plus
- Drafting and CAD design experience a plus
- Display professionalism and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a small, fast-paced work environment
- Ability to quickly move from one task to another
- Ability to work independently with little direction and to manage one's own time
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and positive working relationships
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands, talk, and hear
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit, and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is or may occasionally be exposed to:
- Wet or humid conditions (non-weather)
- Working near moving mechanical parts
- Fumes or airborne particles
- Toxic or caustic chemicals
- Extreme cold or extreme heat (non-weather)
- Risk of electrical shock and vibration
About 2G Engineering LLC:
Equal Opportunity Employer
2G Engineering is an engineering design and product company. We provide innovative solutions in the world of harsh environment electric motion control systems and power conversion. Our engineering team has extensive experience in subsea electrical and mechanical design.
Our major products are linear and rotary actuators with integrated servo controllers. We develop our products in house, creating all aspects of the mechanical, electrical, and software interfaces of the units. We also do engineering design for hire primarily in the Oil and Gas, and defense industries.
Our engineering services include 3D/CAD design, finite element analysis, prototyping, mechanical and electro-mechanical designing, analog/digital circuit designing, PCB layout, embedded firmware, general software, production consulting and sourcing, training/installation documentation, and maintenance and support services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
2G is obligated under the law to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities; and (ii) the rights of applicants and employees.