Job Title: Quality Manager
Reports to: Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This is a full-time position located at our Sun Prairie, WI office.
The quality manager is responsible for ensuring that the organization meets Aviation, Space, and Defense Organization’s (AS9100 revision D) standards through management of organizational Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and related processes to successfully maintain our high quality standard.
Essential Duties and/or Responsibilities:
- Standard of Operation (SOP) Management - Maintaining and updating organizational SOP’s, adhering to requirements of the AS9100 Standard.
- QMS Management Review Meetings - Scheduling, setting the agenda, and leading Quality Management meetings.
- Annual Audit - Facilitating and completing the annual audit including recertification of the AS9100 standard. This role is also responsible for minimizing potential audit findings and mitigating any identified findings.
- Non Conformance Records (NCR process, NCR part, and NCR product) - Managing the organization's non-conformance process and records to include the successful completion of NCR Parts, NCR Products, and NCR Process. This includes disposition of items to Engineering when appropriate.
- Corrective Action Records (CAR) - Managing all Corrective Action Records including effectiveness review. Will also ensure that CAR’s are addressed in an accurate, timely manner.
- QMS Change Requests - Managing QMS Change Requests records, adhering to standard operating procedures (SOP) and AS9100 standards.
- Calibration and Asset Records - Managing the organization's asset records to include identifying calibration cycles and completing annual calibrations with the current 3rd party vendor.
- Part Inspection Process - Managing the process to inspect incoming parts and ensure adherence to organizational processes and Quality Management Standards.
- QMS training and QMS training records - Creating leading QMS training for staff.
- Quality Management Reporting - Creating and updating quality management metrics such as On Time Delivery (OTD), process conformance, and product conformance.
- Post Job Reviews - Evaluating and rating each job for adherence to SOPs and standards, quality and metrics such as on time delivery, and customer satisfaction. Customer Satisfaction Feedback - Delivering annual customer satisfaction surveys, preparing final results and recommending follow-ups.
- Risk Management - Assessing Quality Management risks and completing mitigation plans to address these risks during the intake process and throughout each individual job.
- Safety Program - Developing and maintaining the organization's safety program to include setting requirements, monitoring adherence and providing safety training. This will include management of MSDS documentation.
- Document Revision Control - Managing the process of document revision control for all organizational documentation.
- Customer Property - Managing customer property records and storage of this property.
- Return Merchandise Authorizations (RMA) - Setting up product returns with key information in the company’s Redmine tool before transitioning these to project managers.
- Recurring Non Conformance Themes - Evaluating recurring non-conformance issues to include creating and implementing mitigation plans to address these.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Management, Industrial Sciences, Natural Sciences, Process Management, Operations Management or related field. Professional Quality Management Certifications a plus (CMQ, OE, ASQ, etc).
- 3+ years experience in a Quality Management role preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel), and/ or Google Sheets/Docs with an ability to become familiar with firm-specific programs and software.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Desired:
- Must demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Able to drive quality improvements ensuring quality adherence at all levels of the organization.
- Able to collect, analyze and summarize quality data and metrics.
- Familiarity with quality standards and processes to follow federal, state and local regulations.
- Must demonstrate strong communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and work experience with the AS9100 standard.
About 2G Engineering LLC:
Equal Opportunity Employer
2G Engineering is an engineering design and product company. We provide innovative solutions in the world of harsh environment electric motion control systems and power conversion. Our engineering team has extensive experience in subsea electrical and mechanical design.
Our major products are linear and rotary actuators with integrated servo controllers. We develop our products in house, creating all aspects of the mechanical, electrical, and software interfaces of the units. We also do engineering design for hire primarily in the Oil and Gas, and defense industries.
Our engineering services include 3D/CAD design, finite element analysis, prototyping, mechanical and electro-mechanical designing, analog/digital circuit designing, PCB layout, embedded firmware, general software, production consulting and sourcing, training/installation documentation, and maintenance and support services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
2G is obligated under the law to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities; and (ii) the rights of applicants and employees.
- May be required to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.