Job Title: Quality and Production Manager
Reports to: Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This is a full-time position located at our Sun Prairie, WI office.
Plans, directs, or coordinates quality assurance programs in accordance to the AS9100 standards. Oversees the operation of the Production Department and the efficacy of the overall program to ensure the utmost in customer satisfaction. This position is also responsible for ensuring continual quality improvement within the facility. This person will find ways to eliminate wastefulness in our production processes. This position also provides engineering support and technical advice.
Essential Duties and/or Responsibilities:
- Determine and develop company quality procedures, standards and specifications.
- Ensure all products consistently meet and pass set quality standards.
- Evaluate and ensure customer requirements are met.
- Specify quality requirements of materials with suppliers.
- Investigate and set standards for health and safety.
- Ensure that manufacturing processes comply with regulations.
- Collaborate with operating personnel to establish procedures, standards, and systems.
- Comply with established QMS procedures.
- Collaborate with staff to drive continual improvement of the processes for manufacturing at 2G.
- Direct objectives to maximize profitability.
- Track, record, and maintain quality assurance data.
- Attend and present at meetings.
- Plans and establishes work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Develop, coordinate, and/or monitor all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, or operation of product designs.
- Supervise the work of the Production Department to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures.
- Provide employees with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems and resolving escalated complaints or disputes.
- Discuss job performance problems with employees to identify causes and issues and to work on resolving problems.
- Train or instruct employees in job duties or company policies.
- Coordinate activities with other supervisory personnel or with other work units or departments.
- Analyze department financial activities and provide input into budget planning and preparation processes.
- Develop or update department procedures, policies, or standards.
- Design, implement, or evaluate staff training and development programs, or performance measurement criteria.
- Take part in inspections as needed.
- Take part in vendor and customer communication as needed.
- Assist the Engineering Department as needed.
- Some travel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Desired:
- Previous experience managing ISO or AS9100 standards .
- Ability to design and understand precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Knowledge of the ways various systems interact and how changes in operations, the environment and other conditions will affect outcomes.
- Skills in quality control analysis.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to take initiative and work with little direction.
- Critical thinking.
- Judgment and decision making.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to display professionalism and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a small, but fast-paced work environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and positive working relationships with subordinates, coworkers, supervisors, other departments.
About 2G Engineering LLC:
Equal Opportunity Employer
2G Engineering is an engineering design and product company. We provide innovative solutions in the world of harsh environment electric motion control systems and power conversion. Our engineering team has extensive experience in subsea electrical and mechanical design.
Our major products are linear and rotary actuators with integrated servo controllers. We develop our products in house, creating all aspects of the mechanical, electrical, and software interfaces of the units. We also do engineering design for hire primarily in the Oil and Gas, and defense industries.
Our engineering services include 3D/CAD design, finite element analysis, prototyping, mechanical and electro-mechanical designing, analog/digital circuit designing, PCB layout, embedded firmware, general software, production consulting and sourcing, training/installation documentation, and maintenance and support services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
2G is obligated under the law to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities; and (ii) the rights of applicants and employees.