Reports to: Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This is a full-time position located at our Sun Prairie, WI office.
The quality manager is responsible for ensuring that the organization meets Aviation, Space, and Defense Organization’s (AS9100 revision D) standards through management of organizational Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and related processes to successfully maintain our high quality standard.
Essential Duties and/or Responsibilities:
- Perform digital and analog electrical circuit design and analysis.
- Design power electronics (motor drives, power supplies) and microcontroller systems.
- Perform PCB layout.
- Work on engineering designs, preparing reports, specifications, calculations, equipment selection, and cost estimates for projects.
- Assist with developing of budgets, estimating labor time, material and construction costs.
- Assist with the preparation of technical memoranda, reports and electronic deliverables.
- Select materials and equipment to be purchased.
- Firmware and software development
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, or relevant work experience.
- At least 2 years experience and/or coursework in C programming, microprocessors and circuit design.
- Working knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment and computer hardware and software.
- Experience using Office software tools (Word, Excel, powerpoint).
- Previous related work experience preferred, either in an internship or a full-time position.
- Experience with schematic capture and printed circuit board layout software.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Desired:
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics and their applications.
- Demonstrate ability to plan and schedule work activities effectively.
- Determining root cause of faults.
- Write documentation on how systems operate and how changes in conditions will affect outcomes.
- Make suggestions and demonstrate initiative in executing directed tasks.
- Display professionalism and attention to detail skills.
- Work in a small, fast-paced work environment.
- Quickly move from one task to another.
- Demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Navigate the usage of (U)nix systems and understand source code.
About 2G Engineering LLC:
Equal Opportunity Employer
2G Engineering is an engineering design and product company. We provide innovative solutions in the world of harsh environment electric motion control systems and power conversion. Our engineering team has extensive experience in subsea electrical and mechanical design.
Our major products are linear and rotary actuators with integrated servo controllers. We develop our products in house, creating all aspects of the mechanical, electrical, and software interfaces of the units. We also do engineering design for hire primarily in the Oil and Gas, and defense industries.
Our engineering services include 3D/CAD design, finite element analysis, prototyping, mechanical and electro-mechanical designing, analog/digital circuit designing, PCB layout, embedded firmware, general software, production consulting and sourcing, training/installation documentation, and maintenance and support services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
2G is obligated under the law to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities; and (ii) the rights of applicants and employees.