2G Engineering is seeking a motivated, talented Electrical Technician to work in our fast-paced, constantly-evolving team environment. If you are looking for an exciting position where you can inspect, assemble, and test circuit boards and high-tech actuators, this is the job for you.
This is a full-time position with benefits located at our Sun Prairie, WI office.
Assemble, test, trouble-shoot, and maintain electrical systems and components in AS9100 certified manufacture of electro-mechanical assemblies. Use specialized measuring and diagnostic devices to evaluate electrical function of equipment and components. Build and calibrate instrumentation, build electronic devices using electrical schematics, inspect electronic components and wire routing for problems, and maintain or repair electronic components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following are the fundamental job duties and responsibilities. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive; other duties may be required and assigned.
- Repair and replace defective components in motors, generators, controllers, storage batteries, switchboards, conductors, switches and varied electrical fixtures.
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
- Communicate estimated timelines for repairs to those impacted.
- Conduct tests and assessments of new systems and repairs to ensure quality.
- Comply with safety standards and regulations.
- Perform preventative maintenance and advise management on suitability of electrical fabrication and test equipment, appliances and apparatus.
- Troubleshoot effectively, performing high quality, robust repairs.
- Seek the solution that is most cost effective without compromising quality.
- Assess systems and suggest modifications to prevent future issues.
- Maintain all equipment in excellent working order.
- Requisition electrical supplies and equipment.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, degree in applied electrical technology and/or computer engineering technology preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working as an electrical technician.
- Experience reading blueprints and technical drawings.
- Experience fabricating, assembling, and installing wire harnesses.
- Extensive knowledge of electrical systems, wiring, and all necessary equipment.
- Experience using electrical testing equipment such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, RMS clamp meters and data acquisition devices.
- Experience using Microsoft Office software tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and/or Google word processing and spreadsheet software, and Adobe.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Desired:
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Recognize design deficiencies or malfunctions where immediate determinations or corrections are needed to enhance quality and/or safety.
- Utilize hand, inspection, and power tools, including but not limited to soldering iron or station, stereo microscope with digital camera, power supplies, illuminators, tweezers, pliers, wire cutters, wire strippers rotary tools, vise grips and drills,
- Working knowledge of electrical code requirements.
- Follow legal (OSHA) and company safety regulations.
- Demonstrate initiative in executing directed tasks and make suggestions.
- Display professionalism and attention to detail.
- Work in a small, but fast-paced environment.
- Quickly move from one task to another without losing ground.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Work independently with little direction and effectively manage time..
- Maintain successful and positive working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, other departments.
- Experience using CAD, 3D printers and laser engraving/cutting equipment is not necessary, but is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 80 pounds with assistance.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is or may occasionally be exposed to:
- Wet or humid conditions (non-weather).
- Working near moving mechanical parts.
- Fumes or airborne particles.
- Toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Extreme cold or extreme heat (non-weather).
- Risk of electrical shock and vibration.
Submit an Application
Please fill out the form below to submit your application for the Electrical Technician position