Job Title: Engineering Manager
Reports to: Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This is a full-time position located at our Sun Prairie, WI office.
Directly manages the team of engineers responsible for the design, development and validation for all 2G products covering software, firmware, mechanical and electrical. This position is responsible for ensuring that the people, work and processes follow engineering best practices and compliance with the organization’s AS9100 certification and Quality Management Standards.
Essential Duties and/or Responsibilities:
The following are the fundamental job duties and responsibilities. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive; other duties may be required and assigned.
- Coordinates and manages all design, development and validation activities adhering to the organizational workflow and gating process.
- Facilitates and documenst design review efforts and design review meetings to ensure accurate delivery of each product’s Bill of Materials (BOM).
- Ensures engineering process adherence of the organization’s current AS9100 certification and quality standards.
- Develops and implements policies, standards, and procedures for any related engineering activities performed within the organization.
- Guides direct reports on established work and develops resource plans to complete this work.
- Delivers annual performance appraisals and participates in the interviewing and hiring of open engineering positions.
- Manages job performance issues with employees to identify causes and coordinate resolutions and coach direct reports as needed.
- Develops, implements, and monitors training for engineering resources related to design and development best practices.
- Assists Sales with estimating work effort related to engineering activities for quoting purposes.
- Develops product datasheets used to communicate specifications to customers.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, or other specification documentation. Responsible for 3D CAD designs of mechanical systems, modifications, original designs, and system analysis.
- Directs and provides guidance for new product verification testing including the development of test fixturing.
- Researches, designs, evaluates, installs, operates, and maintains mechanical products, equipment, & systems when necessary.
- Partners with the Production Manager to ensure an effective transition from design/development to production readiness.
- Specifies system components or directs modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Provides technical support during meetings with customers.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) in a related engineering field
- Working knowledge of Solidworks or equivalent software
- Experience using a PDM System
- 4+ years experience managing a team of employees
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Desired:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrate initiative in executing directed tasks and making logical/sound suggestions.
- Display professionalism and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a small, but fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to quickly move from one task to another.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work independently with little direction and ability to manage one's own time.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and positive working relationships with subordinates, coworkers, supervisors, other departments.
- Experience using Microsoft Office software tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Google docs and spreadsheets, Adobe.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
About 2G Engineering LLC:
Equal Opportunity Employer
2G Engineering is an engineering design and product company. We provide innovative solutions in the world of harsh environment electric motion control systems and power conversion. Our engineering team has extensive experience in subsea electrical and mechanical design.
Our major products are linear and rotary actuators with integrated servo controllers. We develop our products in house, creating all aspects of the mechanical, electrical, and software interfaces of the units. We also do engineering design for hire primarily in the Oil and Gas, and defense industries.
Our engineering services include 3D/CAD design, finite element analysis, prototyping, mechanical and electro-mechanical designing, analog/digital circuit designing, PCB layout, embedded firmware, general software, production consulting and sourcing, training/installation documentation, and maintenance and support services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
2G is obligated under the law to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities; and (ii) the rights of applicants and employees.