2G Engineering is seeking a motivated, talented Project Manager to work in our fast-paced, constantly-evolving team environment. The project manager is responsible for managing customer projects through the entire project management life cycle, ensuring projects follow the established project management principles including progression through the current gating process and risk mitigation. In addition, this position is responsible for job specific purchase orders including acceptance, terms review, and completion of compliance requirements such as International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Compliance, and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) reviews. This role will serve as a liaison between the customer and key contributors within the organization often communicating regularly to ensure projects are completed efficiently and accurately.
This summary of responsibilities is not necessarily all inclusive as this role will take on other responsibilities to cover business needs. This is a full-time position with benefits located at our Sun Prairie, WI office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Project Management (65%)
- Identify and validate project scope and requirements with internal and external stakeholders to ensure technical feasibility.
- Create and complete risk assessments and develop mitigation plans to address project risks.
- Utilize the organizational tool (Redmine) to:
- Provide timely project status updates, ensuring all project related details and information is current and accurate.
- Create and update project schedules covering deliverables and high level milestones in accordance with the organizational gating process.
- Coordinate and deliver project documentation such as test plans, Bill of Materials (BOM), and product drawings developed by engineers, to include traceability of requirements to test documentation and test scripts.
- Identify and mitigate project obstacles, ensuring that assigned projects are delivered on-time, within scope and budget.
- Coordinate and complete planning meetings ensuring that requirements are met to move from the planning gate into the design gate for all projects in the portfolio.
- Perform an initial job set up in Redmine for all projects in the portfolio ensuring that requirements are met to move from the intake gate into planning.
- Complete documentation for post job reviews and coordinate post job review meetings with key personnel to identify improvements to product, components and process.
- Act as a liaison between 2G Engineering and its customers by coordinating project information, issues, and project requirements.
Purchase Order Acceptance & Compliance (25%)
- Manage customer purchase orders for job/project related work to include:
- Review and identify risks associated with each organization’s terms and conditions.
- Coordinate, organize and communicate changes to terms and conditions.
- Finalize terms with customers that are inline with company requirements.
- Confer with the organization's attorney as needed for term negotiations.
- Review and Redline Non-Disclosure Agreements.
- Compliance and Regulation Management
- Coordinate and deliver requirements and documentation for International Traffic in Arms (ITAR)regulations
- Manage Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Export compliance, adhering to current quality management standards and certifications. 2G is willing to train employees on these requirements.
- Assist the business in completing various tasks based on business needs.
- Conduct administrative and other duties, as requested.
- Candidates must have 3+ years experience in a Project Management role working within a project management life cycle with project gating.
- Completed degree in project management or equivalent related business field.
- Proven working experience as a project administrator/manager in the information. technology sector to include software, electrical and mechanical applications.
- Previous customer relations experience is a plus.
- Experience negotiating terms and conditions and contract review is a plus.
- Project management certifications (PMP, etc) is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have excellent communication skills to develop and maintain effective lines of communication with customers and employees.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and schedule work activities effectively.
- Complex problem solving: identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills:
- Maintains composure during challenging/complex situations.
- Utilize active listening skills with the purpose of gathering information and engaging with employees and customers.
- Ability to collaborate with all personality and communication styles.
- Exhibit politeness, honor, integrity and demonstrate a willingness to go above and beyond what is expected in every customer interaction.
- Demonstrates accountability to complete tasks and assignments.
- Demonstrates a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a small, fast paced business culture.
- Excellent understanding and experience with word processing, spreadsheets and general office software.
Work EnvironmentThe work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is or may occasionally be exposed to:
- Wet or humid conditions (non-weather)
- Working near moving mechanical parts
- Fumes or airborne particles
- Toxic or caustic chemicals
- Extreme cold or extreme heat (non-weather)
- Risk of electrical shock and vibration
Submit an Application
Please fill out the form below to submit your application for the Project Manager position