Reports to: Production Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This is a full-time position located at our Sun Prairie, WI office.
Perform product conformance testing, and production engineering duties as outlined in this job description to include design validation and verification, functional test plans & equipment development, and production assembly. All responsibilities include adhering to current established processes and 2G Quality Management System (QMS) requirements. This position reports to the Production/Quality Manager.
Essential Duties and/or Responsibilities:
The following are the fundamental job duties and responsibilities. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive; other duties may be required and assigned.
Test Engineering (75%):
- Design, create, and implement test fixtures, equipment and tooling for mechanical and electrical testing.
- Develop and maintain product functional validation tests and verification tests & procedures and factory acceptance test protocols.
- Develop electronic test plans, ensuring that test scripts/scenarios cover all product requirements, and fulfill 2G QMS requirements for documentation and test plan control.
- Execute test plans for all organizational products for both functional validation, verification and factory acceptance.
- Incorporate QMS requirements into test plans and testing process to ensure adherence to the standard, customer requirements and internal requirements.
- Support and or complete NCR’s resulting from failed test scripts/scenarios.
- Support calibration schedules and activities for testing and validation equipment per 2G QMS requirements.
- Have the ability to read/interpret BOMs, technical drawings, schematics and reports
Production Engineer (25%)
- Assemble actuators, pumps, systems and various other 2G products in accordance with organizational and QMS requirements.
- Intake, investigate and identify root cause, propose resolution and repair products.
- Operate and maintain production equipment such as drill presses, grinders, engine vertical machining center (VMC), 3D printer, laser, vacuum filler, test fixtures.
- Coordinate and manufacture Make-In-House (MIH) components utilizing production equipment.
- Perform overflow inspections of components received within the organization utilizing proper inspection equipment/processes according to 2G QMS requirements
Other Requirements & Responsibilities
- Maintain all equipment to ensure excellent working order.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Attend and participate in required organizational meetings.
- Collect and analyze data, documenting these results in various reports.
- Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering, computer engineering, electrical engineering or other related field preferred.
- Experience performing assembly with hand tools.
- Previous related work experience preferred, either as an intern or full-time employee.
- Experience using SolidWorks, AutoCad, and office software tools.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to learn and manage tasks and communicate status updates utilizing the company’s Redmine resource planning platform and 2G Job System.
- Experience using a PDM (Product Data Management) system preferred.
- Experience using environmental test chambers.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of GD&T (geometric dimensioning and tolerancing).
- Demonstrate ability to plan and schedule work activities effectively.
- Complex problem solving: identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Demonstrate initiative in making suggestions and executing directed tasks.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles required for production of precision technical plans, drawings and models.
- Must have strong mechanical skills and troubleshooting expertise.
- Knowledge of basic electrical concepts.
- Display professionalism and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a lean, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to quickly move from one task to another.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little direction and ability to manage time.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and positive working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, and internal/external customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is or may occasionally be exposed to:
- Wet or humid conditions (non-weather).
- Working near moving mechanical parts.
- Fumes or airborne particles.
- Extreme cold or extreme heat (non-weather).
- Risk of electrical shock and vibration.<\li>
About 2G Engineering LLC:
Equal Opportunity Employer
2G Engineering is an engineering design and product company. We provide innovative solutions in the world of harsh environment electric motion control systems and power conversion. Our engineering team has extensive experience in subsea electrical and mechanical design.
Our major products are linear and rotary actuators with integrated servo controllers. We develop our products in house, creating all aspects of the mechanical, electrical, and software interfaces of the units. We also do engineering design for hire primarily in the Oil and Gas, and defense industries.
Our engineering services include 3D/CAD design, finite element analysis, prototyping, mechanical and electro-mechanical designing, analog/digital circuit designing, PCB layout, embedded firmware, general software, production consulting and sourcing, training/installation documentation, and maintenance and support services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
2G is obligated under the law to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities; and (ii) the rights of applicants and employees.